Saturday, August 2, 2008

Over the Mountains and Through the Sky





...to Grandmother's house we go!

Roman and Zara took their first airplane trip on July 23rd. We planned as well as we could, giving them an antihistamine and making sure they could suck on their bottles during take-off and landings. For the flight to Boise I rated Zara an A- and Roman a B-. For the flight home, Roman got higher marks for sleeping longer!

Grandma Kate and Grandpa Bill were elated to have all three of their grandchildren in Boise at the same time. It was a bittersweet experience, however, since grandson Brady (age 6 weeks at the time of our visit) is set to move to Arizona with his folks, Todd's sister Nicole, and her husband Chad. August 14th they'll say good-bye to Boise.

In the meantime, Grandma Kate took tons of photos! Todd and I never broke out our camera once the whole trip! I told Todd that it felt something like a press junket, with visitors arriving in a stream, asking similar questions and making similar comments about the kiddos. We didn't mind! It was fun seeing everyone and finally being able to show them off.

There are literally 100s of photos but none are on this computer, so I shall have to post them later. If you have a facebook account, I have many posted there.

1 comment:

Sugarcoma said...

Oh man, I didn't know you were here for a visit. I would have come and ooh'd and aah'd and asked all the same questions as everyone else. Glad to hear the kiddos did well on the flight. I ended up having to nurse sitting next to some old farmer the last time I flew. Awkward.