Saturday, June 28, 2008

Goodbye, Fluti

We had a dramatic and then sad event take place this past week. Our beloved Toy Poodle, Fluti, had apparently had a rough day. Roman was pulling himself up against the couch, and I was sitting there with Fluti beside me. Although Fluti has shown affection for and even seemed protective of the babies, she is first and foremost "Mommy's" dog. Without warning, she lashed out and bit Roman near the eye! This picture shows the bite mark.


In that instant, Fluti's life changed forever :(
I knew she could not stay in the house. For now, my parents have adopted her. Since they already have two Toy Poodles of their own, that is a lot to take on. I am happy to still be able to see Fluti, but they do hope that my sister and her husband can adopt her. They live in Salt Lake City, however. I've felt, too, that Fluti wasn't getting the attention she deserved, so I console myself with the notion that at my parents' or Jami & Nick's, she'll get more attention. Either way, we are now a home without a dog--but a safer one for the kiddos.







On a much happier note, Zara is officially crawling and keeping up with her brother all over the house (main floor only for now.) She is making lots of babbling noises along with Mr. Roman, and we've officially ended physical therapy since both the pediatrician and the therapist (and we) feel she is completely in the range that she should be for her age! It's a good feeling. Pictured above are Roman and Zara strumming the vent and Roman looking at himself on TV.


We took the kids swinging outside for the first time last week and have gone many times since. They love it, especially Zara (who is hard to impress--much like her father!)

This video shows me and my mother (Grandma Rena) swinging at the local park with the kiddos.

We are leaving for a family roadtrip to Minnesota next Tuesday. I'll be sure to post some things from that "adventure."

No comments: